Government Secondary School Jabi, Abuja was established on 1st September, 2008 with a student population of 285 and 16 teachers, including the Principal and the two Vice Principals. As at today, the school has a student population of 748 and teaching staff strength of 67 assisted by 10 non-teaching staff.
The School is located in the Municipal Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory Abuja. It is situated by the Lakeside at Asheik Jerma Street, off Mike Akhigbe Way, Jabi, Abuja.
The school presently has the following facilities:
- 18 standard classrooms with adequate number of students’ furniture. (Seating capacity – 40 per class).
- Standard and well equipped laboratories for Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- Well equipped Home Economics laboratory for practicals in Food and Nutrition and Home Management.
- Well equipped computer laboratory with Internet Connectivity and e-Learning facilities.
- One standard multi-purpose technology workshop.
- Sports facilities for games and athletics.
Boys-Carton brown trousers with light brown/milky white check long sleeved shirt, Brown beret, Brown sandals and white socks
Girls-Carton brown skirt with light brown/milky white check long sleeved collar blouse, Brown beret, Brown sandals and white socks.
First Term – September – December; Second Term – January – April; Third Term – April - July
PRESENT STAFF STRENGTH: 55
PRESENT STUDENT POPULATION: 784
The school is headed by the Principal, Atanze Sani S.D and assisted by the Vice Principal Administration – Mr Jisalo Ibrahim Audu and Vice Principal Academics – Mr. Bello Adamu Audu . Other supporting management staff include the Senior Mistresses Admin and Academics, the School Based Management Committee and the Committee of Prefects.
EXAM RESULT (SUMMARY)
Registered the second batch of students for WAEC